Wednesday, September 21, 2016

♡ Day to Night Makeup ♡

Has it been two months already?? Yikes, consistency definitely isn't my strong point haha. I've been busy as per usual, and I've also been wanting to improve my blog by making sure I put out quality posts but now I'm starting to feel like none of my ideas are good enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So when I heard Vegas.com was interested in ideas on how someone can transition their makeup from day to night in a glamorous place like Las Vegas I thought this would be a great topic to post and had to share my ideas!

I've never been to Vegas, but the attractions and locations at vegas.com definitely have me putting it on my bucket list! With so much to do, you want to look ready no matter what the strip throws your way. Thus, here are my best tips to transition from a day to a night look to ensure you look your best for anything you plan to do!

A makeup trend I've noticed lately is rust colored eyeshadow- I personally really like this trend because I feel like it's really versatile; you can dress it up or play it down, which is why I used it for both of these looks. So for my daytime eye makeup I went for a simpler look, applying the eyeshadow on my lid up to my crease and below my eyes. I decided to go without any eyeliner for this look, and applied mascara to my upper and lower lashes. I used highlighter on my brow bone & inner corner- I've been all about highlight lately because I feel like it can bring even the simplest look to the next level. Lastly, I filled in my eyebrows with brown eyeshadow as per usual.



As for the rest of the face- obviously I did my typical routine of concealer under my eyes and then an even layer of foundation, follow by some bronzer for the contour. I also used the same highlighter on my upper cheeks & the tip of my nose. Lastly, for my lips I used a slightly orange toned lip gloss for a simple but still natural and glowy look.

And now for the transition into night makeup! Honestly the structure is still the same, I left on my makeup from before and just made it more dramatic to be more fitting for night life. I darkened the eyeshadow by blending a maroon color into it, and extended the shadow past my crease this time. 
I applied a fluttery pair of false lashes and added more shimmer to the highlights.



Just like on the eyes, I added more shimmer to the highlights on my cheeks and nose- you can never have too much glitter! This time I opted for  Colour Pop's matte liquid lipstick in the shade Beeper.

So I hope this helped you out, it's actually quite simple to go from a casual day look to a dramatic night look! If you plan on going to Vegas (lucky youu) then be sure to check out the deals they have on vegas.com. Thanks for stopping by! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment