Saturday, May 28, 2016

♡ Summer Floral Sewing Project ♡

Hey dolls! So if you've noticed, I've been working on the layout and design of my blog! I created a new header that better fits the new layout, and put all of my information to the side of the page instead of at the bottom so it's more visible. I also figured out how to include my Instagram here too, and I created a page for promotions I've done, which is only one so far but there's another on the way (a surprise!), which you can find under the "Sponsors" tab at the top of the page. I literally feel like a grandma trying to use the Internet when I attempt to edit my blog design ;n; but I'm learning!

     Anyways, today I wanted to show you another little creation of mine! Here are the photos:


     The first photo is of the sketch I did before starting, as I always like to do so I can get an idea in my head. Okay so it wasn't entirely before starting, as I made the skirt about a year ago. I had made it using a pattern and it used to be a midi skirt but then after I made it I realized I had nothing to wear it with! So it sat untouched in my closet for a year lol. But then I decided to make use of the rest of the fabric and figured I'd make a top to wear with it! So that's when I drew up the sketch. I cut the bottom half of the skirt off so it was a shorter length. The skirt also has pockets, which is very handy, and a zipper enclosure in the back. For the top, as you can see, I went with a corset-like lace-up enclosure in the back, and used elastic to make lil puffy sleeves. 

     That's all for now! I hope you enjoyed this post and my new blog layout ♡ I'll continue to try improving things however I can for you guys! Be sure to check out my Instagram (dollyxdiaries) for more photos & frequent updates! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡




No comments:

Post a Comment