Wednesday, May 4, 2016

♡ Easy DIY O-Ring Choker Tutorial ♡

Hey dolls! Today I've got a really simple tutorial for you for a really cute choker! I've seen chokers similar to this all over the Internet & I'm in love (see: Shop Biohazard) but since I don't have the funds (as per usual), I decided to make an altered version for myself that still features the big O-ring. Here's how you can too!

s u p p l i e s ♡




  • Velcro
  • a hot glue gun
  • a small jump ring
  • wire (in whatever thickness you want the ring to be)
  • a piece of fabric or ribbon (in whatever color or thickness you want, just make sure it's long enough to fit around your neck comfortably with a little overlap!)

i n s t r u c t i o n s ♡


     I didn't take photos of the whole process because it's really quite simple.
  1. Cut the fabric to the necessary length & desired thickness (mine is 12.5 inches long and 1.5 inches thick). Sorry the fabric's a little uneven in this photo, I've tidied it up since lol. I used a stretchy black velvet which doesn't really need to be hemmed but if your fabric frays at the cut edges then you should probably hem it.
  2. Hot glue one side of the Velcro to the inside of one end of the choker, and then the other side of the Velcro to the outside of the other end (so that when you close it they will overlap) 
  3. Use a pair of scissors to make a really small hole in the center of the choker, near the bottom (but not too close to the edge so that it won't rip). Put the jump ring through this hole.
  4. Use the wire to make a ring of the desired size. Since my wire is already in coils, I just made it the size of one of the loops so I wouldn't have to do much shaping. You want it to look really neat, you don't want a curvy circle lol. Loop it through the jump ring and then press the open ends together & use hot glue to stick them together better (this worked for me lol)

     Here's how the finished product looks! I really want to get one of the actual chokers like this someday but this will have to suffice for now (~: I hope you get some use out of this tutorial & that it's not TOO lame !! Follow my Instagram ( dollyxdiaries ) for more photos & fun! If there are any posts you'd like to see, don't hesitate to let me know! Have a fabulous day and see you next time ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment