Wednesday, September 9, 2015

♡ Sewing Project / OOTD ♡

   Hey dolls! Today I'd like to show you some photos of me in an outfit I recently made! On a side note, I would like to say how much Beckii Cruel's How To Become A Model video inspired me! It's always been a dream of mine to be a model, but being destined to be under 5'5" my whole life makes that nearly impossible. However, Beckii explained lots of ways you can still reach your goals if you aspire to be a model, even for us who are vertically challenged ^^. I suggest you check her video out! Oh, and obviously these aren't professional photos at all, I just enjoy doing photoshoots no matter the circumstances ^^



   Here's the outfit! Okay, so the top was originally a children's button up long-sleeve shirt from Old Navy. However, the sleeves and the shirt itself had gotten short on me. So, I detached the sleeves and hemmed the openings, removed the bottom two buttons, and tied the shirt at the bottom! This makes it into a cute crop top for the summer. The skirt is entirely handmade (you'll probably recognize the fabric from this dress I made as well!). I did't use a pattern since skirts are fairly simple; I just cut a long piece of fabric (twice the size of my waist), covered some elastic in fabric, sewed it to the top, added some snaps to the back, and lace to the bottom! The shoes I'm wearing are lace wedges from Kohl's and I also have heart-shaped sunglasses from Rue 21. 




   These photos were taken on a pretty bench near the edge of the trail around the neighborhood. The lighting was so perfect outside, but it was sooo hot ;-;



   I really like these two, besides the fact that my dark under eye circles are 110% visible ~_~ But I really like how the light was a little dimmer here, it makes the bright colors of my outfit stand out. Also, you can't really tell I'm only 5 feet tall by looking at these photos!


   Last is a selfie so you can see how my makeup looked! I tried to take inspiration from some Korean beauty trends, such as making my eyebrows straight instead of arched how they normally are, doing puffy eye bags (or tear bags), and (attempting~) a gradient lip (which faded, as you can tell ^^"). I also used bright blush in the outer corners of my eyes, pointed false eyelashes, as well as individual bottom lashes. I curled the ends of my hair and put them in low twin tails.

   I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you so much for reading, and I'd love to hear anything else you'd like to see from me! Follow my Instagram { dolly123diaries } for *extra* photos & fun! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡

4 comments:

  1. Ah you look so super duper cute, as always ;A; I LOVE your makeup there.. the lashes and the blush are perfect! And kudos to your sewing skills xD ♥♥

    xxx ♥ www.sugarmew.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. says you, gorgeous!! thank you so much! hehe I wanna be a fashion designer so I like to practice sewing whenever I can! ♥︎

      Delete