Friday, September 25, 2015

♡ Melanie Martinez Concert ♡

   Hey dolls! On September 16th, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life: meeting Melanie Martinez and seeing her perform live! I figured I would share all of my details and photos from the concert here on my blog!

   The VIP Meet & Greet tickets (which are the ones I had) cost $50. Considering prices of other concerts, these were very cheap for getting to meet her! The regular tickets were only $17. I got the tickets as a birthday present from my grandma, and she got my sister tickets as well so she could go with me. Here's how we looked for the concert:


   I also got to meet up with a lovely friend I met online a couple weeks prior to the concert, Kat. She has a YouTube channel as well, which you should definitely check out! Here's some photos of all three of us:



   Me and Kat had matching hair ♥︎ She also painted the Cry Baby onto her shirt herself! Isn't it cute? We waited in line outside for a little over an hour, but it was totally worth it.



   Kat also brought along a Polaroid camera, which made for some awesome photos! The top photo is me and her waiting outside with our gifts for Melanie. Kat had bought a big baby bottle and filled it with cute messages from fans (and herself), encouragements, and jokes to make Melanie smile! I drew a portrait of Melanie for her (the bottom photo), using charcoal and watercolor.



   Here's my selfies with Melanie! Excuse my face, I was dying of excitement (*^*). She looked just as cute in real life and was soooo sweet! She's actually really tiny; I'm only 5 feet tall, and she was only maybe a couple inches taller than me. Her outfit for the meet & greet was super cute as well; you can see a bit of her top, which was lacy and sheer and looked vintage, with a black bra underneath, a tan colored button down skirt, cute chunky socks, and platform sandals. She seemed so happy when I gave her my drawing! I had her sign my phone since we didn't have a chance to buy merchandise beforehand. She complimented me on my makeup!! That made me soooo happy since she's amazing at makeup. She hugged me a bunch and I almost cried *^*


   Here's a few more Polaroids! The left one is the three of us in the venue, and the right on is me and Melanie when she was signing my phone. It's a little overexposed, but you can still see a little bit more of her outfit!




   Here's the merch I bought when we entered the venue. I bought this cry baby t-shirt for $25, and the poster for $10. My sister bought the cry baby blocks sweater, which was $40. All of it is super good quality, not to mention super cute! 



   And here are photos from the actual performance! She wore an adorable matching fluffy heart set from Nikki Lipstick, as well as a cute yellow jacket I've seen her wear on other occasions too. The concert was AH-MAZ-ING. She sounded even better than her studio versions and she's super lively and cute on stage! She sings all the songs from her Cry Baby album in order, as well as one song from the deluxe album that the audience gets to choose. I was screaming and singing and dancing and videoing the whole time! And her instrumentalists wore onesies and fluffy bear hats (;^;)

   Overall, it was a surreal experience and I'm so thankful to have been able to go. Sorry this was a pretty long post, but I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Also your ootd was so cute:) Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky omg! I'm going to see her on 16 November and normal tickets cost $56 and Vip costs $145!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have fun!! and yikes, I've been noticing ticket prices steadily rise as she becomes more popular! It's good for her, but not good for our wallets lol *^* i might be seeing her again this september but unfortunately I won't be able to afford VIP again lol

      Delete