Monday, August 10, 2015

♡ My Hair Care Tips ♡

   Hey dolls! A lot of people have asked how I keep my hair so long, soft, etc. And truly, it's quite simple! So today I'm going to share some of my tips on how to keep your hair growing fast, soft, and healthy!



   First, I have some before & after pictures of my hair. (My hair color didn't change, the exposure is just different in the pictures ^^"). The left photos were taken two months before the right (I wore the same shirt so you could compare better). This summer I tried using no heat on my hair whatsoever, which I think was the biggest factor in the fast growth. I think this is a pretty big change for only two months! The waviness is just how my hair naturally is by the way ^^ So, let's get to the tips!


  • Try to use less heat products. I know not everyone can go without heat- trust me, I'll be using it more frequently once we enter the school year. However, if you want your hair to grow long and strong, try to use as little as you can manage. Instead of blow drying your hair, let it air dry. Try to only straighten/curl your hair a few times a week instead of every day. I've grown to become more accepting of my natural hair after wearing it like this so often!
  • Don't use shampoo/conditioner every single day. Obviously you can still shower as you regularly would, but the chemicals in shampoo aren't really doing much good for your hair if you use them so frequently. Try using it anywhere from every other day to around 3 times a week, whatever you feel comfortable with. Trust me, the water does a perfectly fine job of washing your hair on those in between days, and your hair will be healthier too. 
  • Don't brush or towel-dry your wet hair. Your hair is the most fragile when it's wet. Despite how common using them is, towels can be very rough on your wet hair. Brushing it also breaks the fragile strands. Instead, I usually gently wring out my hair a couple times, then pat- not rub, pat- it with a towel and then let it air dry. This helps lessen hair breakage and loss. 
  • Try not to put your hair up too often. If you're pulling your hair back tight for a ponytail or bun nearly every day, this can weaken your hair and cause it to break. This is for obvious reasons- pulling on your hair too tight and too often will eventually cause it to break and fall out. So obviously, these hairstyles are okay once or twice a week, but try not to do them so often. (This paragraph is referring to wearing your hair like this all day. If you have a sport or something that you need to pull your hair back for a couple hours a day, that's perfectly okay!)
  • Get trims regularly. I know, I know, this post is about growing your hair, so why are we getting it cut? Well, that's because even if you don't use heat products too often, the split ends will build up over time and your hair will be unable to grow as fast and won't look as healthy. It doesn't have to be a big trim, just enough to get the ends off. 
  • Be gentle with your hair! This last one is pretty obvious, yet very important as well. When you're brushing your hair, don't pull the brush through it fast and careless; take the time to be gentle with your hair, so that it will stay healthy! If you need to tie your hair back, please do not use a rubber band. They can rip out your hair super easily! Instead, just use regular ponytails. Also, when taking your hair down, don't rip the ponytail out super quick. Just take the time to slowly pull it out without pulling your hair. These things only take a few seconds more but make a world of difference!
   That's all I can think of right now! I hope this post was helpful and if you have any other tips I'd love to hear them! Thanks so much for reading! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡

7 comments:

  1. I found your blog by chance and I've already almost read all your entries?? I love your style it fits so well with mine we have so much in common and you're so cute!! You deserve much more followers ☁πŸŒΈπŸ’– (and sorry for my bad english btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day!!! Thank you sooooo much! Don't worry, your English is very good ^_^ πŸ’–

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very very long hair n not so soft.. So I can't let it loose all day I look crazy lol.. I almost make a bun everyday :( 

    Any advise plz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean you have curly hair, or is it just frizzy? Since I don't really have experience with this kind of hair, I don't have much advice, but perhaps just try some different hair styles out & try to accept your hair in it's natural state! Maybe try pulling only half of it up, or pinning back the hair in the front. If you have an Instagram, you can DM me @dolly123diaries or email me at lehmanmaggie@gmail.com if you want to send pics so I can give you more specific advice doll!

      Delete
  4. I am so impressed with you adversion to using heat on your hair. A more natural look is great. I,once heard a stylist say that ever person should have a great looking "do" that required no more than 30 minutes of prep. You've got that and it is FABULOUS.

    Earl White @ Salon 241

    ReplyDelete