Wednesday, August 5, 2015

♡ Back To School Makeup Tutorial ♡

   Hey dolls! Sorry, for that little break, I was on vacation! And now that I'm back, it's nearly time to go back to school again >.< I figured this would be a perfect time to think of a new makeup look for the upcoming school year. I hope you enjoy!

Foundation


   For my face makeup, I started off by applying concealer all around my eyes and on my nose. Especially during the school year, I tend to get dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, so using a concealer that's a bit lighter than my actual skin helps to cover them up and brighten up my face. Next, I mixed BB cream and moisturizer together to create a foundation. Although I got the lightest shade available, the BB cream is a tad too dark for my face, so mixing it with the white moisturizer helps lighten it up while also moisturizing my face at the same time. Then I used powder so my face wouldn't look shiny. You especially want to use powder if you use a moisturizer in the morning, because it can make your face look extra shiny. Try not to make the makeup look cakey though, a thin layer should be alright. Last, I mixed a tan powder and peach blush and applied that in the hollows of my cheeks to give my face some definition without going overboard. I don't like to wear blush to school since I prefer to keep the look simple. 

Eyes


   This eye makeup is quick and fairly natural so it's good for school mornings. First, you want to fill in your eyebrows (if necessary; some people are born with perfect eyebrows!). I just use a brown eyeshadow and fill in the spots that need to be more defined. Next, I use black liquid eyeliner and finish it with a wing. This is a simple eyeliner style that's easy to do and looks good. I recommend using liquid eyeliner because pencil has a tendency to fade throughout the school day. Next, I used a light cocoa brown color and applied it in my crease. You want to make it darker on the outside near the wing, then gradually fade. Also, you don't want the line super defined; soften it up with a brush so it looks more natural. I also used a slightly lighter shade under my eye; you want this to be subtle, not like eyeliner. Apply mascara on your upper and lower lashes. I think it's okay to wear false lashes to school every now and then, but I also think it's a bit of a hassle and would prefer not to. Last, apply white eyeliner in your waterline to make your eyes look bigger.



   Finally, for my lips I use a rose tinted Vaseline. I like it because it keeps my lips hydrated while also giving them a slight pigment and glossy look. Also, featuring my lovely I Don't Care shirt from Happy Monday ^_^

   I hope you guys liked this tutorial! Let me know if you tried it out and any other posts you'd like to see from me! Follow my Instagram { dolly123diaries } for extra fun! Have a fabulous day and see yo next time! ♡

3 comments:

  1. I like that t-shirt with that collar it looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much! I's one of my favorites right now ^_^

      Delete