Thursday, July 2, 2015

♡ DIY Choker Tutorial ♡

   Hey dolls! Did you notice the new layout? I hope you like it! Anyways, I'm back with another craft tutorial (I've had a lot of time to do crafts lately since it's summer ^^)! Chokers are becoming increasingly popular in all different styles, so today I have a really easy tutorial for a choker that you can customize to whatever look you want! Mine is a sweet and girly theme ^.^

Supplies


  • ribbon (at least a little bit longer than the length around your neck)
  • some jump rings and a clasp
  • any decorations you want! I chose a small rose appliqué and some pearls

   If you're wanting to put an appliqué front and center on the choker, fold the ribbon in half and mark where the center is, then hot glue it down. I chose the rose as my main decoration. Then, I also put some pearls on either side of the rose. These are adhesive pearls, but I secured them with hot glue just to be sure. This is totally customizable! You can use whatever you want to make a unique choker. 


   First, I cut the ends of the ribbon so it was exactly the length around my neck. Then, I folded over the ends and hot glued them to make a tiny hem so the ribbon won't fray. On one end, open a jump ring and poke it through the fabric, then close it. Do the same on the other side, but on this one, attach the claps as well before closing the jump ring. 


   And you are finished! Since this is a super easy tutorial, you can make lots in all different styles! I hope you enjoyed this and if you tried it out, please share it with me! You can also find me on Instagram { dolly123diaries }! Thanks for reading! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment