Friday, June 5, 2015

♡ Thrift Shop Upcycling & OOTD ♡

   Hey dolls! Recently, me and my sister discovered a thrift shop near us where you can find really really cheap clothes that you can use to make something new out of or just wear as they are! It's really convenient! Last time we went, I picked up this jean skirt (the tag says it's originally from Forever 21). I really liked the high waisted button details! It was a little long for my liking, but I fixed it up! And now I'm going to show you how I did!


   Here is how the skirt looked before I did anything to it. As you can see, it's realllllly long (almost past my knees!).


   The first step is to cut it to where you want it! Of course leave a little room for the hem, and take into consideration that it may need to be slightly longer in the back. The next (and last!) step is to hem it! I just used a regular stitch around the circumference of the skirt in a navy blue that matches the denim.


   Here is what the skirt looks like after! I saved the extra denim incase I wanted to make anything with it. Now, I have a high waisted jean skirt for summer!


   Here is my OOTD with the skirt. The black t-shirt was also a thrift shop find for only 9 cents!!! The skirt was about $1.40, and the necklace was free! It was a DIY project I did, using a charm my aunt gave me and a chain I had at home! I paired the outfit with my black socks and combat boots (as well as my new Deep Cherry lipstick ^-^).


   Here's a closeup of the charm I used for the necklace. It says "curiouser & curiouser". It's a locket, so it opens (I don't have any photos in it though ^^").  It was in a set of Alice In Wonderland charms my aunt gave me! It matches the silver buttons on the skirt nicely ^_^

   That's all for today! Thank you guys for reading so, so much! For more blog fun, you can follow my Instagram { dolly123diaries }! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡

2 comments: