Wednesday, April 1, 2015

♡ Coordinating Lolita On A Tight Budget ♡

   Hey dolls! I haven't posted about lolita in a while, so here's something for you! I know that the reason a lot of people don't get into lolita is because of the cost. Here, I have put together a coord to help you know what to spend money on and what not.

 
   In the first image, I am wearing the basics of my coordinate, and the things you should invest the most money in. I'm wearing a blouse and skirt from Bodyline, as well as a Bodyline petticoat. Since Bodyline petticoats aren't very fluffy and have to be layered, I'm also wearing a ruffly skirt that I made underneath that makes it poofier. Since I buy from the kids section, everything is a lot cheaper; The blouse was $16, the skirt was $21, and the petticoat was $12. I bought a blouse with removable long sleeves so that it warlike two blouses in one! In the second picture, I'm wearing just regular frilly ankle socks that you can get at your local clothing store for cheap. I'm also wearing white heels that I bought at a local store that go with a lot of my dresses.

   In the first image, I've added wrist cuffs and a headbow. The wrist cuffs were handmade by me, you can find the tutorial by clicking here. The headbow is a regular lacy bow from Claire's.  In the last image, I've added a white messenger bag with a bow on it that's from a local store as well.

   So, as you can see, the only things I truly invested money on for this coordinate were the blouse, skirt, and petticoat. This shows that you can be a lolita even if you are on a tight budget! I really hope you like this post, please let me know if it helps! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! ♡

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to link to this in my ways to save post im writing up. Love this post! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm glad you like it ^.^ I can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
  2. Ah! Such a great post, lolita can be expensive ;-; another excellent idea is to buy tulle/organza/crinoline and pay a lovely seamstress to do a petticoat for you. They tend to be much more unexpensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Such a great post, lolita can be expensive ;-; another excellent idea is to buy tulle/organza/crinoline and pay a lovely seamstress to do a petticoat for you. They tend to be much more unexpensive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it :) Good idea! Or if you know how to sew, I've seen many DIY tutorials. I also know that a lot of lolitas like to stock up around Halloween because costume tutus from party stores work great as petticoats!

      Delete