Monday, November 24, 2014

Mori Swap

Hey dolls! Today I'm going to tell you about a package exchange between mori girls in a group on Facebook that I took part in! I would just like to say to all of you mori girls out there, that you should definitely reach out to your community, because they are all so sweet! Here is a link to the International Mori Girl group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118369118236600/ And here is a link to the swap group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/294094747461899/

Anyways, once everyone who wanted to join had joined the group, the leader (who started the group) paired everyone with one other person for you to exchange packages! The theme is mori girl things, such as tea, washi tape, stationery, lace, or even small accessories. My partner was Anya, who actually has a blog as well, and you can find her post about it here: http://fawnanddoll.blogspot.com/2014/11/washi-tape-swap.html?m=1


   This was my package to her. The photo belongs to her, (used with permission)~ you can find it on her post! It included two doilies, a ring that I made, a vintage brooch, a small bottle filled with pieces of rose petals (which has a jump ring on top so that it can be attached to a necklace, if she wishes), three pieces of traditional pattern Japanese origami paper, cat stickers, and tea (which isn't shown in the picture). I also included a hand written letter to her ^-^.


   And this is the package I received from her! (This photo is mine and was decorated using the app PicoSweet). The package was decorated with a lace trim sticker and was very cute. As she lives in Calfornia, she has access to stores that sell Japanese things, such as Daiso. She sent me a letter on the cute elephant stationery pictures above that also included a mini sticker sheet. She also sent me a roll of green lacy trim, green and pink floral washi tape, green striped washi tape, and two packages of tea. As you can see, she was trying to keep a "green" theme going. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thank you for reading! Please comment any post ideas you have down below! Have a fabulous day and see you next time! 

2 comments:

  1. That is cute, I like the bottle with rose petals. Do you do origami? I like folding paper and making cute things out of it. I have found so many different tutorials on Pinterest. My favourite yet is a butterfly.
    As for post ideas... here is a little brainstorm: music (I picture lolitas listening to classical music, Disney soundtracks, cute 'j-pop' or "music box" remakes, but that might be a false idea), tea and tea pots, your favourite lolita outfits from other people (like... reblog or feature or something like that), other cute designs, your favourite TV shows (again, I imagine lolitas watching either anime or historical fiction like Pride and Predjudice). Maybe also your favourite blogs on the lolita or mori girl fashion. The other things are already among your post subjects like books, your outfits, crafts and dance. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do enjoy origami, I like to make all sorts of things! Thank you sooooo much for all of the post ideas, I will definitely try to do some! ♡

      Delete