Friday, October 10, 2014

ComicCon Adventure!

Hey dolls! Just recently, I attended my first Comic Convention! I dressed in sweet lolita, so I decided to share my adventures here with you!


   Here's a picture of me and my grandma where you can see my coordinate! Well, at least most of it ^^. The skirt and blouse are from Bodyline. The bag is from Target, and so are my socks which you will later see. I forget where the shoes are from, but they're offbrand, so it doesn't really matter. Sorry for my lagging petticoat, I haven't had the chance to buy another one so I can layer! The wrist cuffs are handmade by me, which you can find the tutorial for here on my blog: http://dolly123diaries.blogspot.com/2014/07/lolita-wrist-cuff-tutorial.html

   
   This deer hat was available in a little stand that sold all sorts of cute, handmade accessories! The lady who was running it said, "I love your outfit! Japanese sweet Lolita style is so cute!". It made me happy that someone recognized it! The store had things like flower hair clips made from trading cards, bobby pins based on Disney princesses, and she told me they had "Lolita bear hats", which are the fluffy bear ear hats with cute buttons and ribbons sewed on ^^. They had these animal style hats with the long scarf-like sides too, which were very cute. I ended up buying a set of Alice in Wonderland "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" bobby pins.

 
   While looking through a stand that sold cute toys from Japan, I spotted this! I am obsessed with Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and you never find stuff like this in stores! Sadly, the majority of things at ComicCon were a bit overpriced, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for three tiny figures ^^'.



   The section that probably drew my attention the most was the Lego section! They had tons of tables covered in awesome Lego towns and kingdoms! These photos are just a small portion! It was all hand crafted, which is truly amazing~ no glue involved! I love building Legos myself, and have fallen in love with the new Lego Movie~ but who hasn't?


   I took this panoramic photo of a huge long bridge they had built! It was a miniature version of a famous suspension bridge in my area, although I forget what it's called ^^'. It was so long, and they even had figures posed on it!


   They had wearable Lego heads, which I thought was really cool! I tried on the Emmet one, of course~ how do you think he would look in Lolita? They also had two sports teams ones, one of which is the angry bird you see in the background and the other was some kind of cat (I'm not good with sports ^^'). They also had Santa, a firefighter, Captain America, and a clown head along with shoes and gloves! It was amazing how someone made all of these! The mask almost didn't fit over my pigtails ^^'.


   Here I am posing next to Wild Style, one of the coolest characters ever. They had three other Lego Movie characters on the other sides of these spinnable blocks!


   I also got a picture with this professional cosplayer who was being Ariel today, since I love the Disney princesses! I'm afraid I can't remember her name, so if you know, leave a comment! Her costume was very lovely ^^.



   And, here are the things I bought! In the top picture is an Olaf keychain, a hand-drawn bookmark of Anna and Olaf, and the Alice in Wonderland bobby pins I mentioned before. They were actually made of Scrabble tiles! In the bottom picture is my lovely new Sailor Moon poster! It's so colorful and cute, I knew I had to have it!

   Well, that's all for today! I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will try to not stall too long before my next one ^^'. If you have any suggestions for posts you'd like to see here, leave them in the comments and I will do them! Thank you for reading! I wish you all a cuteness filled day!





2 comments:

  1. Your outfit was so cute ♡ and looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yes, it was a fun experience! Thanks for reading, as always~ 💗

      Delete