Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mori Girl & Workout OOTDs

   Hey dolls! Sorry I've been go for so long, I was on vacation. Today, I have some outfits for you! Also, I am already planning for a makeup tutorial post later this week, so keep your eyes open for that!



   My first outfit is a coordinate I put together for working out. I have my hair up in a high ponytail and I'm wearing a headband from Claire's with a black bow on it that is nice to wear to exercise because it is very comfortable and keeps my bangs back. I am also wearing a white tank top with lacy designs on it and some black leggings. On my feet I have white ruffle socks and black wedges. If you were going to run or something, I would replace the wedges with Converse. This outfit is good for working out because it is cute and comfortable.



   This next outfit is my first attempt at a mori girl coordinate. If you are not familiar with this style, "mori" means "forest" in Japanese, as this is a Japanese fashion trend. As the name says, the look is like a girl who came from the forest. You use very neutral colors and lots or layering. Here I have on a hat with lace around the rim, and my hair is in a fishtail braid. I am wearing on the bottom layer a plain white dress, which peeks out at the bottom, another white dress on top of that, but this one has very pretty lace detailing all over it and small buttons at the top, and a white sweater white a floral lace pattern on the back. More colors can be coordinated into the style, but as beginner, it's good to stick to whites and browns mostly. I am carrying an antique basket and 'm wearing white ruffle socks and brown short boots with a white lace pattern on the side.




   Here is some photography I took of myself outside in my mori girl outfit. I did not edit these, that is the natural light you see. Isn't it pretty? I tried to capture the mori girl spirit in these.

   Please tell me what you think in the comments! Thank you for reading! Until next time!


2 comments:

  1. I love the mori outfit, it's really lovely! The hat and the basket give the right vintage feel and the boots are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete