Saturday, May 31, 2014

Frilly & Fit

  Today I am going to write about the importance of working out and eating healthy. Especially for us lolitas and girly fashion followers, running around sweating in sporty clothes doesn't exactly, well, appeal to our frilly senses. We would much rather take up hobbies such as sewing, writing poetry, and sipping tea, right? And especially those clothes! Who wants to wear plain, boring, casual clothes? Not me! But there are ways around all of this, I assure you, and fitness might be something you start to take an interest in. 

   Not all work out clothes are boring. You can wear workout skirts, they are really cute and work great! Mine have little pleats on the sides! I also coordinated my skirts with matching tank tops in cute patterns and colors. As always, I went for colors like pink and purple. They have polka dots and stripes on them! You could also wear graphic T-shirts, with cute characters like Hello Kitty! Anything works, really! If you prefer shorts, you can get them in a  cute array of pastel colors. I don't want my outfit to be plain though, so I don't stop there! Add a cute bow, or maybe a headband with flowers on it! You can do your hair in cute styles like pig tails, braids, a bun, a high and bouncy ponytail, or a side ponytail! Really, the possibilities are endless! Put in cute clips and headbands to hold your bangs back. You can wear earrings as long as they aren't dangly, so put in some of those as well! Now your cute factor is way higher than you ever thought it could be while wearing work out clothes! Get sneakers in cute colors that match your outfits. If you don't like regular gym shoes, converse are a very good option! In fairy kei style, it is very popular to decorate your sneakers with things like lace, bows, and little wings! Now you're ready to work out without losing your true style!

   So the question is, why should I exercise? There's lots of reasons. All girls like to maintain a healthy and fit body, which is reason enough! It also improves your health, mood, and self esteem! Here is my exercise plan that I do every day:
Legs:
50 jumping jacks
50 squats
30 lunges
2 min. wall sit
40 fire hydrants
45 calf raises (15 both feet, 15 left leg, 15 right leg)

Abs:
125 sit-ups
200 crunches
65 leg raises
2 min. plank

This ab schedule is the last day of a 30 day ab challenge, shown here:

I am also currently doing a 30 day push-up challenge,which I'm on day 6 of.


For those of you who like to take it a bit easier, the following activities can be very fun while still burning calories:
  • Take a stroll
  • Skip rope
  • Bounce on a trampoline
  • Stretch
  • Dance
And anything else you can think of! Just have fun!

   Eating healthy is also very important. A fun way of doing this is Japanese bento. It consists of healthy foods made into cute characters and animals! Some yummy healthy foods are berries, yogurt, granola, and of course, drink lots of water! I like to add flavors to my water, which is good too! Drinking enough water and eating healthy improves your skin, hair, health, and mood! 

I hope this inspired some of you to start working out and eating clean, or at least improve your daily routine a little bit so that it's more effective towards your health! Thank you for reading! For more ideas on work-outs, healthy foods, and bento, check out my Pinterest!











5 comments:

  1. I particularly liked this post and found the challenges inspiring! I would like to see some snaps of your workout outfits and any suggestions you have pertaining to actually modifying workout clothing to be cuter. That would be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will try to post some workout OOTDs soon! Thank you for the lovely ideas! If you keep checking back, I will try to post some of the things you suggested! ❤️

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Nice daily workout.
    I like that kind of challenges. EnergieCardio has a similar 30 days push up challenge along with a 30 days burpees challenge. I had never hear of burpees before I started kickboxing, but they are really effective.
    You can find the burpees challenge here: http://marykaa.com/fitness/Burpees2013.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I will definitely check that out!

      Delete